- Software AG evaluated on strength of strategy and current offering
- Rated with highest scores in current offering category, and second highest in strategy
- Product evaluated is Software AG’s webMethods.io iPaaS
Darmstadt, Germany –Software AG today announced that Forrester Research Inc., a leading industry analyst firm, has named Software AG a ‘Leader’ in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise iPaaS, Q4 2021 (published on October 5, 2021) for its webMethods.io iPaaS product. This is Forrester’s first Wave focused on Enterprise iPaaS, and only 14 vendors were invited to participate.
The report cites: “Software AG democratizes integration without leaving the pro coders behind. Software AG delivers its iPaaS under the webMethods.io moniker. Its product vision encompasses modern application architecture, platform and ecosystem business models, citizen integration, and business process automation. The executive leadership team clearly defines and publicly shares its execution roadmap. And a full suite of professional services and additional technologies to enable internet of things (IoT) and a service mesh for microservices support the product. Its robust product roadmap includes utilizing AI/machine learning (ML) for efficient development and operations and further democratization of app dev.”
The company received the highest score in the current offering category, with the Forrester report stating: “Reference clients said they were gaining value within days and cited webMethods’ ease of use and free tier for getting started.”
The Forrester report also notes: “webMethods supports many integration scenarios with strong API management, more connectors than most vendors, and above-average B2B capabilities with partner management and managed file transfer (MFT). Its strong citizen integration user experience (UX) and large number of out-of-the-box templates make for easy integration. But pro coders are well supported with tools for modernizing monolithic apps via advanced API management and service mesh.”
Dr. Stefan Sigg, Chief Product Officer, Software AG, said: “We are thrilled with Forrester’s recognition of Software AG as a Leader in this Enterprise iPaaS evaluation. As our customers operate in an increasingly connected and hybrid world, the ability to seamlessly integrate data across multiple platforms and environments, both cloud and on-premise, is crucial for survival. Having leading software on board that journey helps immeasurably, and that’s something Software AG is proud to provide.”
This month, Software AG releases the latest updates to webMethods, including the following new capabilities:
- webMethods DataHub: With the new webMethods DataHub, users can now access near real-time data insights using analytics, to make live business decisions. This new offering will eliminate batch downloading and serve up data faster without involving complex IT approvals and coding.
- webMethods.io MFT: As part of the multi-function iPaaS, Software AG is now adding managed file transfer (MFT) capabilities to current integration, B2B, API and IoT capabilities to webMethods.io.
- webMethods Developer Portal: A new lightweight, embeddable portal that is fully API-enabled makes it easy to create a API marketplace for developers that is branded with a company’s look and feel.
- Connector Development Ecosystem: With the new Connector Development Program, ISVs, OEM partners, resellers and customers can partner with Software AG to build, test, certify and publish connectors to webMethods.io.
A complimentary copy of the report is available here.