- Software AG and 11 other vendors evaluated on strategy and current offering
- Rated with highest scores possible in strategy category
- Newest Alfabet release 10.7 extends collaboration capabilities to Microsoft Teams
- AI-powered data quality analytics exposes gaps in large, complex datasets
Darmstadt, Germany – Software AG today announced that Forrester Research Inc., a leading industry analyst firm, has named Software AG a ‘Leader’ in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Architecture Management Suites, Q1 2021 (published on March 4th, 2021)* for its Alfabet solution.
The report cites Software AG as a provider of “… a mature EAMS that’s strong in technology asset management. (…) Software AG will meet the needs of most EA professionals and is competitive in all criteria. (…) It has a robust strategy overall and is likely to maintain its position in the market. (…) Client references indicate that Software AG’s offering is robust at managing enterprise architecture, capability management, and strong modeling; they also cite the vendor’s excellent sales and support staff.” The company achieved the highest scores possible in the criteria of product vision, product roadmap and partner ecosystem.
Dr. Stefan Sigg, Chief Product Officer, Software AG, said: “We are pleased with Forrester’s recognition of Software AG as a Leader in their EAM market evaluation. Now more than ever, companies need tools that help them navigate the continuously shifting market conditions. Change decisions need to be based on a rich supply of information on the enterprise looked at from various organizational perspectives to instill confidence in choosing the way forward. Alfabet is one of the few solutions on the market that covers these broad requirements.”
Software AG just recently announced release 10.7 of Alfabet which includes the following highlights:
- Integration with Microsoft Teams Collaboration Platform: Opens up collaboration on business and IT portfolio management topics to a much larger expanse of subject matter experts for better-informed transformation planning.
- AI-enabled data quality analytics: Improves accuracy and completeness of critical IT portfolio and architecture information in large Alfabet deployments crossing many, dispersed organizations.
- Cardviews: a new approach to making complex, multi-dimensional information more easily consumable
- Enhanced “AlfaBot” conversational user interface (CUI): Assistance via a textual or voice-enabled chatbot with general tasks such as creating, editing and finding architecture objects as well as navigating to diagrams and configured reports.
With the Alfabet integration with Microsoft Teams, Software AG is taking the lead in pioneer efforts to embed collaboration in enterprise applications. Collaboration with relevant stakeholders is essential for gathering information, ideas, and feedback, making better decisions on IT and business change, and for proper governance. The Forrester report states: “The move to integrated or product teams requires EAMS to support a broader audience contribution to architecture, design, and governance.” Alfabet employs leading-edge collaboration and AI technologies to ensure all stakeholders participating in the IT change decision-making processes have the needed insights, an enjoyable user experience, and familiar collaboration facilities to unite the organization in sustainable digital transformation.
A complimentary copy of the report is available here.
*The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Architecture Management Suites, Q1 2021 - The 12 Providers That Matter Most And How They Stack Up; by Gordon Barnett with Gene Leganza, Audrey Hecht, and Diane Lynch