- Software AG evaluated for completeness of vision and ability to execute
- Near-term roadmap combines Alfabet and webMethods Integration Server
- Continued expansion of AI as enabler for business users of enterprise architecture
- Alfabet FastLane for mid-market buyers now with integration to ARIS process transformation
Darmstadt, Germany – Gartner, Inc., a leading industry analyst firm, named Software AG a Leader in its 2020 “Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Architecture Tools,” published on December 14, 2020. This is the thirteenth consecutive year that Gartner named Software AG a Leader for its ability to execute and its completeness of vision.*
Stefan Sigg, chief product officer and member of the Board, Software AG, noted: “We are pleased with the Gartner recognition of Software AG as a Leader in the EAM market – now for thirteen years going. We believe Software AG’s leadership position rests on its understanding of how EA needs to reach across the whole organization to facilitate and align digital business initiatives among a large and diverse set of stakeholders. Using innovative collaboration, UX and state-of-the-art AI technologies in EA, as Alfabet does, can unite the enterprise in sustainable digital transformation.”
Another focus for Alfabet development at Software AG is integration with the EA ecosystem. Here are the latest features in the newest release and the near-term roadmap:
- Integration with Microsoft Azure DevOps (ADO): Aligns Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) activities with business and IT strategy by feeding MS ADO information into Alfabet for Agile development planning.
- Alfabet Integration with Webmethods Integration Server: Delivers a single view across the whole integration landscape and provides an assessment framework to maximize the value of the integration portfolio.
- Alfabet Integration with Apptio for IT Financial Management: Provides information on IT structures to Apptio and receives cost information in return leading to more articulate insights into cost distribution and better cost-related portfolio planning decisions
- Alfabet Integration with Microsoft Teams Collaboration Platform: Opens up collaboration on business and IT portfolio management topics to a much larger expanse of subject matter experts for better-informed transformation planning
- Alfabet FastLane Integration with ARIS Business Process Transformation: Combines leading business process management and EA capabilities for a 360-degree view of the business-IT relationship
Sigg continued: “We believe that Software AG has continuously been a Leader in the market through its understanding of customers’ needs for their transformation journies. And with our entry-level Alfabet FastLane product we enable companies to start on that journey quickly without the need for extended training or consulting.”
The Gartner report notes: “Leaders have a deep understanding of the realities of the market, a reliable global delivery record, an ability to influence the market’s direction, along with an ability to attract and keep a growing customer base. In the EA tool market, leadership implies understanding, facilitating and supporting the strategic role enterprise architects play at a much broader level — they are more business-strategy-focused, with a shared operating model at the business level that helps drive the relationship with IT.”
A complimentary copy of the report is available here.
*Gartner, ”Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Architecture Tools”, by Derek Miers and Akshay Jhawar, 14 December 2020. Prior to 2012, Software AG was listed as Alfabet because Software AG acquired Alfabet in June 2013.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.*